As a wholistic model focusing on organisational, team and individual behaviours more so than
processes, Tipu Ake tools are relevant to a wide range
of organisations in corporate, government, community,
education and other sectors who want to grow a more
effective team based approach to drive their futures.
Some examples, mainly seeded via in-house and public
project management workshops: www.projectmanagement.co.nz
- A NZ primary producer replacing its IT infrastructure,
used Tipu Ake visioning processes to help clarify
its purpose and identify the outcomes sought by all
parties in its supply chain.
- A NZ software company dominating a niche in the
international marketplace, included Tipu Ake thinking
to facilitate a global team approach to define and
manage its new developments and projects.
- Leading NZ companies in the finance, hi-tech and
other sectors have used it to strengthen their team
project capability via project leadership workshops
rolled out across their organisations.
- Participants from Small to Medium Enterprises (SMEs)
on public PM workshops have used Tipu Ake tools to
help better understand behaviours, projects, change
and how to grow from within.
- Policy Advisors and others from many NZ central
government ministries have attended public workshops
where they have used Tipu Ake to help clarify their
roles, better initiate development projects and in
particular to use its tools to help grow more effective
cross agency collaborative programs,
- Central and regional government agencies, local
authorities and other services have been challenged
by Tipu Ake thinking on in-house project leadership
/ team building workshops. Its tools are helpful for
Long Term Council and Community Planning (LTCCP) initiatives.
- Many health sector organisations have found that
the Tipu Ake ki to Ora focus on Ora (or Wellbeing
) gives them a frameworks for growing more effective
Community and environmental:
- Tipu Ake is being applied by community groups in
Raglan, Hokianga and elsewhere who are sharing their
experiences as part of the Kaitiakitanga network.
www.kaitiakitanga.net - (See videoclips page)
- Members of the Arowhenua Marae in Temuka in the
South Island of NZ, are using Tipu Ake as a guiding
tool for their health and community development programmes.
- A group in a valley in Mid Wales got together and
used Tipu Ake ki te Ora to help grow a local team
to help address complex issues affecting the future
of their small rural communities.
- A network was assembled to promote national sustainable development awareness using Hunter Lovins as a catalyst in national forums see "how we work"ed at www.kaitiakitanga.net/hunterlovins
- Te Whaiti School was the example that inspired
Tipu Ake... they did this before the model existed. (See videoclips page)
- Masters students on a project management module
at the Auckland University of Technology have applied
Tipu Ake thinking to grow together to form a strong
self organised assignment team that prepares them
well for the challenges of collaborative work life. (see course report / reflection)
- A Training Company in California is writing a Project
Leadership Development module based on Tipu Ake for
use by US and other Universities on their industry
We expect to soon publish some of these application
case studies / feedback on the Tipu Ake Website.
As Tipu Ake is in the public domain many others
from around the world have picked it up and are using
it as a guide or tool in their own situations. Some
of the Organisations we have networked with and often
exchanged links with can be found on our our ConnectioNZ
- Links page.
1. NEW "Lifelong Learning - Nature's Way" - Tipu Ake as a learning model
2. UPDATE " New Tools For Growing Living Organisations and Communities" Radical tools for program management in a world of complexity and inter-dependence - builds on our paper at PMI Global Forum, Anaheim. Nov 2004
3. UPDATE Downloadable Tipu Ake Model now includes "The Leadership Tripod" and Mycorrhyzal Fungi Networks - Partnerships below the ground level.
4. PODCASTS Listen to Stranova and Living Systems Thinking interviews - Blog
5. VIDEO: Visit Downloadable Video Libary, interviews, stories, apply Tipu Ake
6. Thanks to those who participated in workshops "Tools for Growing Living Organisations" run in New York, London, Mid Wales UK, Finland and San Francisco during August 2005 click here for report